Bryan E. Lewis holds a Bachelor of Arts in Biblical and Theological Studies from Southern Christian University (Montgomery, AL), and a Master of Arts in Biblical Studies from Amridge University, Turner School of Theology (Montgomery, AL)—where he is also currently working on his PhD in New Testament with a focus on Pauline Theology. Additionally, he has earned a significant amount of graduate credit from Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN). Bryan is an intensely passionate and engaging speaker who lectures regularly across the United States. Likewise, he recently served as an Adjunct Instructor of Classical Hebrew in the Foreign Language & Literature Department at Middle Tennessee State University. Download Bryan’s CV here.
2015 Ph.D. in New Testament (in progress), Amridge University, Turner School of Theology.
Concentration: Pauline Theology and Eschatology.
2014 M.A. in Biblical Studies, Amridge University, Turner School of Theology.
Concentration: New Testament.
Thesis: The Ten Northern Tribes as Gentiles: Israel’s Restoration as a Metanarrative toward
Paul’s Jewish and Gentile Reconciliation.
2013 Graduate Credit, Vanderbilt University.
Topics: (M.T.S) Early Christianity, Literature of the Ancient Near East, Hebrew Bible, Constructive Christian Theology,
Culture Studies, Race Studies, Class Studies, and Inequality Studies.
2011 B.A. in Biblical Studies and Theology, Southern Christian University.
- Hebrew, Hebrew Bible, Ancient Near Eastern Literature, New Testament, Pauline Theology, Hermeneutics, Historical Jesus, Second-Temple Judaism, Early Christianity, and Textual Criticism.
Research Languages (to-date):
- Greek and Greek Reading (I, II, III, and IV taken under, Dr. James Smeal, Ph.D., Vanderbilt University) Additional, Greek Reading taken at Vanderbilt University.
- Hebrew I, II, III, and IV taken under Dr. David Warren, Th.M., Th.D. Harvard University and Dr. Rodney Cloud, PhD, Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion. Intermediate Hebrew Reading I and II taken under Dr. David Musgrave, MPh, PhD, Hebrew Union College. Additional, Hebrew Reading and Hebrew textual courses done at Vanderbilt University under Dr. Douglas A. Knight, Dr.Theol., Georg-August-Universität, Göttingen.
- Member, Society of Biblical Literature.
- Member, American Academy of Religion.
- Student Advisory Board at Amridge University, Turner School of Theology
- Jew and Gentile Reconciled: An Exploration of the Ten Northern Tribes in Pauline Literature (Wilmore, KY: GlossaHouse, 2016).
- Bryan has lectured on the Hebrew Bible, Ancient Near East, Pauline Theology, Eschatology, Christian Origins, and the Historical Jesus.
Outside of the Academy:
- Current City: Spring Hill, Tennessee.
- Married 23 years to Holly, 3 Children (Brittnee 21, Kaylee 18, Joshua 16), and 1 Grandchild (Penelope 2).
- Bryan is a Private Pilot. He enjoys flying a Piper Cherokee, Cessna 172/182, an Diamond DA 40s.
- Bryan is a former Professional Musician. In the course of his music career, he worked with some of Nashville’s top session musicians: Brent Mason, Paul Franklin, Eddie Bayers, Mike Brignardello, Eddie Bayers, Biff Watson, Jerry McPherson, Jackie Street, Steve Brewster, Gordon Mote, Kelly Back, Duncan Mullins, Gary Lunn, Jimmy Carter, Mark Hill, Scott Williamson, Bruce Watkins, and Joel Key. Check out Bryan’s SoundCloud page here.
- Bryan served 5 Years 8 Months 29 Days in the U.S. Army and U.S. Army National Guard. Additionally, he was a member of the 3rd US Infantry “The Old Guard” in Washington D.C. and was stationed at the White House, Pentagon, and Arlington Cemetery.